Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

The lense of ones self is different then how people actually see you in reality.

Okay, sooo another random thought that I have been thinking about is a commanality in how different people view themselves compared to how people actually see them. I our number one judgement that is most affective is the judgement we have on ourself. Most girls view themselves as ten times worse then they actually are. This is why weightloss supplements and cosmetic products are booming in modern society, because the media is telling us what they believe is pretty and we are following this unrealistic expectation and are forcing these expectations when looking at our image. This shapes our decisions on how we look at ourselves. Not going to lie, I look in the mirror and I will be like I need to loose weight, I am my number one critic but I believe that as long as it makes me happy I will do it, I would never do anything to make someone else happy. This thought came to me because I noticed that a lot of my girlfriends including me judge themselves so harshly when really they look really good! It's almost as if we have a different lense of perception, like our view is so cerupted with conventions. I just found it really interesting!

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment