Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Can fear be a positive thing?

Hey guys, random topic today. It's not about fashion relationships or girlie stuff like I usually talk about but about life experiences and the impact fear can have on an individual. Today as I was driving I was thinking about my goals in life (something I constantly think about), what I want to do in school, what road or path I am going to take. One of my personal goals is to get involved with Big Brothers and Sisters. I'm currently in the process of achieving this goal but when the actual time comes or when you have to make that decision that breaks through your fear and begins the process of achieving a goal it becomes really difficult. It's almost as if fear is one of the main barriors that restrict people from doing what they want to do in life. For example I would love to travel to Japan and Africa but my fear of loosing the one I love because of such long distance scares me. Some people may think that safety is a good thing.. but only to a certain extent, sometimes feeling to safe can keep someone from doing things they want to do, because I am in such a loving relationship with my boyfriend and I'm content with my life my fear that if I travel like I wish too I will loose that safety. Now that I think about it we all should break free from this security, it's good to feel secure but not to the point where it restricts one from achieving their dreams. I guess what I'm trying to say is yes, fear is commonly known with many valid arguments as a bad thing but once you break free of that fear it makes you feel like you can do anything and it makes you feel good about what you have achieved and done, without fear we may not even now how it feels like to have loss or gain it helps and once we break free of that fear we have the need to do it all over again.

just a random thought.. It might not make sense in your mind but I thought I would share it. If you understand what I said haha comment!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. Without defeating fear, we cannot have victory over anything.

    ReplyDelete