Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Why do we care so much about what others think?

Hey guys!
So today I had to go to my boyfriends family dinner for Christmas. I got up earlier than usual this morning, did my hair, make-up ect.. but I noticed that I cared so much about what my boyfriends family thought of me. I do understand that people want to look good when they go out but it wasn't just how I looked, it was my image and how I felt I was portraying myself. Nothing that showed too much chest, nothing too short, something cute but not too cute, Ugh! I just want to stop caring about what other people think about me so much but for some reason it's just a natural characteristic of mine. Expecially with my boyfriends family, I don't want them to dislike me so I portray the image that I believe they would like me to portray. I'm still being myself but just perfecting it a little bit more. It's not just that, I restrict my true personality to come through because I'm constantly worried if I will get judged in some way, so I'm myself to a certain point. Of coarse with my close girlfriends, boyfriends and family I'm not like this but with people I dont have contact with on a daily basis I act like a totally different person or I "perfect" myself. Just curiouse is it just us girls? is it just me? or do you guys do this sometimes too!
Let me know what you think!

p.s pretty bummed I missed out on the great boxing day sales today! Off to shop tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment